Learn how to connect DStv explora cables to your tv
The connections on the back of decoders are all more or less the same on all decoders. In this post you will learn how to connect dstv explora cables to your tv.
Aerial & Satellite Excellence provides custmomers with professional DSTV installation services in Gauteng. Speak to one of our staff members today to find out more about Xtra and Third View packages for your family. Our team is ready to assist you with all your DSTV related queries, subscriptions and installations today.
The essential connections would be:
- The power supply connector
- The connector that will send a picture and sound to your tv
- The connector that connects to the cable from the satellite dish
Allows you to connect the video and sound to other devices like an external amplifier or directly to your tv
RF in & RF out
Allows you to connect your decoder through a standard coaxial cable to your TVs. Is also used for the heartbeat cable if you have one for xtraview.
Connects the unicable port from your lnb to the decoder
The HDMI port connects to the high definition connection on the back of your tv.
Audio Optical cables
Connects audio to an external amplifier
Connects your router to the decoder
Connect your power supply here
Important tip when learning how to connect DStv Explora cables
- When you install your decoder or even before disconnecting the decoder for whatever reason take some masking tape and mark the cables. Mark them in a manner that makes sense to you.
- The most used way would be to copy the name of the connector onto the masking tap. Thus is the connector is marked HDMI then you write HDMI on the tape and stick it on to the cable.
This will allow you easily learn how to connect DStv Explora cables back to your decoder or to any other decoder in a blink of time.