Want to find out how to install a DStv satellite dish yourself? The basics of installing your satellite dish aren’t that complicated. Always keep the safety of yourself as well as other bystanders at heart. Remember, safety is the main ingredient to a successful installation.
Aerial and Satellite Excellence are DSTV approved installers in Gauteng. Take a look at our vast array of services on offer today. Speak to one of our friendly staff members about Third View and DStv Extra View price setup for multiple viewing pleasure.
Do you know how to install a DStv satellite dish yourself?
You need the following hardware:
- DStv Decoder
- DStv approved Satellite dish
- Wall bracket
- Coax cable
- Various connectors
- DStv approved LNB for the specific type of installation
- Fasteners, Cable ties, Amalgamated tape
Make sure that you have these essential tools:
- Hammer action electric Drill
- Drill bit
- Socket or spanner
- Electrical Power extension
- Safety harness
- Safety goggles
- Satellite directional finder/signal strength meter
- Somebody to assist
A handy tip would be to look at the house next door to get the general direction to assist with satellites position. Walk around your house and find a spot that is as close to the tv room as possible. The satellite is positioned at 68.5 degrees east. Make sure that there are no trees or any other obstacles like high buildings etc. between the spot that you have decided on and the position of the satellite.
Install the dish on a secure wall and high enough so that it can’t be tampered with from the ground.
- Secure your ladder
- Mark the position for the bracket and drill the holes.
- Secure the bracket and assemble the dish
- Mount the satellite dish on to the bracket with the clamp provided
- Use the satellite field strength meter to line the satellite dish up with the satellite (68.5 degrees east)
- Set the LNB and connect the cable to the LNB then seal the connection with waterproof tape
- Fasten the cables on to the dish with cable ties
Feed the cable through the roof to the DStv decoder and connect the decoder to the cable that comes from the satellite dish
- Connect the decoder to the tv by using the HDMI cable provided with the decoder
- Tilt the satellite dish slightly up and down and move it slightly left and right till you maximize the signal.
Some times your new DStv system comes with a free DStv installation Voucher. The voucher entitles you to arrange that one of our accredited installers do the installation for you at no charge as per the instruction and scope of the specific voucher
You can contact us on 0861833833 to arrange for a technichian if you do not know how to install a DStv satellite dish manually. Our team is ready to assist you with all your DSTV requirements.